shodZ

Sunday, October 10, 2004

ChangeTheWorld Mission

saw the end of YuvA today. again. some movies get me thinking about wierd topics. yuva is one of them. there is no doubt that the ajay devgan character was the best. the ability to polriZe ppl has always fascinated me. generally when there is a fight going on in my college i often sit up wondering wherther or not i would be a ble to garner huge support for myself. i have not been mr.. popular. i thought there were only few ppl like me. on second thoughts the ability to influence and ppl around u is only a form of power and everybodys hungry for power. the presence of characters like that of abhisek bachan`s is disturbing. Sensiblity is lacking. many movies talk about giving more of urself to India. but it seesm to be a tight rope. someone has to walk it. i aint sure who`s going to do that. i mean i have gotta decide in what way im going to give back something to the country.
yuva also reminds me of this incident when i had just bought tickets to see yuva.
twas a normal day. normal till when i was returning from brigade road. a tall, well groomed man stopped me b/w the path ans asked me

kya aap mere madad kar sakte ho(Can u help me)??
i had a look at him. he seemed to be very young and there was a lady write beside him clinging his arm, very close. i asssumed he was married. i replied immediately as
aap ko kahin jaana hai??(do u wanna go some where??)
thinking he might have wanted directions to go somewhere. he had a mustage and it was very well combed. there was something about this guy that just hit me. he started of again.
haan. mein north side ka hoon, haryana se. main ether job dhoondte hua aaya tha. bees din ho gaya hain aur mera dimaag ghoom gaya hai. mera paas wapas jaane ke liya paise nahin hai.(yes,i`m from the north side, from haryana. i came here looking for a job. it has been 20 days now, and it seems i have loost my sanity. i dont have money to go back to haryana.)
i looked into his eyes an there was a high degree of sincereness in him. he continued
paise hai ,lekin poore nahin hain.(i have money but not enough)
i`m not sure what he said after that but he ended it with
mein aap se bhikh maang raha hun(i`m begging u)
i was as confused and i had no idea what to do. i knew i dint have more thatn 40 bucks in my wallet. i had just bought 3 tickets for yuva and some ice-creame that i was carrying home. i`m not sure whta i would have done if i had money. my brain was so confused. all the logic, all the cells iinside my brain were running out of sync. i lost my logical abilities. twas as if half my grey cells were asking me to run and the other half, i dunoo what. i said
dekheya mein khud padhai kar rahan hun. mein sirf bees saal ka hun,(look i`m a student myself and am only 20 yrs old)
he immediately switched to english.
Please. i dont have an option. i cannot force you. so i`m begging you.
i was ina darker room now. i repeated again this time in english
look i`m only a student and am only 20 years old
before i could say anythin else he snapped back
even i`m only 22 years old
my mind was breakiing apart. so young, educated and what can i do. i darted of towards the direction of my house increasing my pace and yet not running. i could hear his voice trailing gradually behind me.
friend, excuse me friend. u can help.
as i reached home guilt over took me. i hated myself more than ever. i grabbed 500 bucks and went back to look for him. he was no where to be seen. i wasnt sure how much time it had been. but i couldnt find him. i returned home but the thought never left me. i have always believed and been taught not to encourage begging. now i was having a second thought. what can i do. of course i can do without icecream. ofcourse i can do without watching movies. i can do without lots of things. but then what is the limit.
HenceForth i embarked on the changeTheWorld mission which i shall write about some time later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home